National Collegiate Athletic Association
Final Amateurism Certification Reminder for StudentsStudents enrolling full time at an NCAA Division I or II college or university in Fall 2018 may request their final amateurism certification starting April 1. This is a requirement to compete their freshman year.
- The minimum GPA for competition is 2.300 with a required ACT/SAT score met on the sliding scale
- Students must complete 10 core courses prior to the start of their senior year, and seven (7) of the 10 core courses must be in English, Math, or Science.
To request final amateurism, students should log in to their Certification Account at eligibilitycenter.org and:
The NCAA Eligibility Center has launched a new website at to help high school student-athletes successfully transition to college. The enhanced online content gives student-athletes and counselors a broad look at the initial-eligibility process and detailed information about common eligibility situations. Clic
- Review their added sports and answers to Sports Questions.
- Check their graduation and enrollment dates and update if necessary.
- Review any open tasks and complete necessary information.
- Click here for assistance with the update process.
Other resources available: