Peer Leadership Membership Information
What does it mean to be a Peer Leader
Peer Leaders are volunteers from the senior class willing to assist the incoming freshmen to Colonia High School with the transition to a new school environment.
Provide opportunities for students to demonstrate positive character and commitment to the improvement of the school community by displaying their leadership skills and knowledge to facilitate new students to become familiar with their new environment.
Requirements to become a Peer Leader
- You must be entering your senior year. ONLY current juniors can complete an application.
- You must be an individual that is friendly and personable with the will to assist fellow peers.
- You must attend “Freshmen Orientation.” All Peer Leaders will be there to assist the new students, provide answers, and give tours. The date for the Freshman Orientation is Tuesday, August 27th, starting at 6pm in the Gym.
The introductory Peer Leader meeting will be on Wednesday, June 12th during Block 4 at 2:00pm in the auditorium. The Peer Leader training session will be the same day as Freshmen Orientation, Tuesday, August 27th from 4pm-5:30pm in the auditorium and Freshmen Orientation will begin at 6pm and conclude at 8pm. ALL EVENTS ARE MANDATORY.
- You must attend all meetings that concern the Peer Leader program throughout the 2019-2020 school year.
- There will be meetings throughout the school year in which feedback regarding concerns, questions, and continuous improvement to the program will be addressed.
- You MUST be an individual in good academic and behavioral standing. Peer Leaders are to assist their peers, any problems reported will be investigated and a decision will be made as to whether you will continue being a Peer Leader.
Failure to follow the guidelines that have been presented to you in this notice will result in removal from the program.