Colonia High School
Community Service Opportunities
Click on the links below and to the left for more information
While we are distance learning all community service hours can be emailed to Sharon.Vecchia@woodbridge.k12.nj.us
Service Credit will be given for any approved activity involving service to a township school or community.
Those community service activities, which result in the receipt of financial compensation, are NOT eligible to receive community service hours.
Raising money for a team and/or club of which you are a member is NOT considered community service.
Acceptable Community Service Activities:
Volunteering at the following:
- Animal shelter
- Boy/Girl Scout activities
- Boys and Girls Club
- Canned food drives
- Charity walks or races
- Clothing drives
- Food bank (soup kitchen)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hospital/Nursing Home
- Peer tutoring
- Places of worship (Sunday school, C.C.D., babysitting during religious services)
- Recreation centers
- Red Cross
- Special Olympics
Unacceptable Community Service Activities:
- Anything you get paid for
- Attending church sponsored retreats
- Attending club meetings
- Court assigned community service
- Donating gifts or money
- Fundraising for your own team or club
- Helping out relatives (you do this because you are part of a family)
- Performing for your music or theater club/group
- Playing on a sports team
- Working at a concession stand at a sporting event
- Working with your parents or anyone else at a place of business
*Mrs. Brennan, the Interact Club advisor, also has additional community service opportunities on her School Wires page. You do not have to be a member of Interact to participate. Click here for a list of those opportunities
Student Volunteers Needed - Ongoing
The Evergreen Senior Center is looking for volunteers to help with senior events.
If interested, please call Evergreen Center at 732-726-6261.