WELCOME TO THE WHS PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION or PTO.
WHS PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION MISSION STATEMENT,
THE PURPOSE OF THE WHS PTO IS:
To partner with WHS families, community and educators to support an optimal educational experience.
To provide and coordinate support between students, parents, faculty and administration of WHS.
To enrich our children's high school experience through various programs and functions as deemed appropriate by the PTO and Administration.
WHAT IS THE WHS PTO?
We are an organization whose members are parents/guardians of current WHS students,
or Teachers/ Employees of WHS. Your support is very important. When you join the PTO,
you will show your support for your student(s). Your dues will help us to achieve the goals of the organization.
Membership Dues are collected annually at the start of each school year. Membership Dues are currently $10.00 per family.
Membership forms are available at Open House, monthly PTO meetings and on the school website under the Parent tab/PTO page.
We welcome you to attend our monthly meetings and to volunteer your time if you can, however participation in meetings and activities is not required.
WHY JOIN THE WHS PTO?
The #1 reason to join the PTO is to benefit your child. The more families that join the PTO, the more the PTO can do for the students. Membership Dues provide the primary funding for student scholarships and Student Clubs.
However, there are many more advantages in being part of the PTO such as:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. When you give us your email address, you will be included in the monthly updates that the PTO sends out to its members.
- Tap into a Network. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents , teachers and administrators; building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTO, you put your skills (marketing, fundraising, event planning) and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the school community.
- Speak Up. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTO plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.