PHYSICAL EDUCATION ASSIGNMENTS - MARCH 16 THROUGH APRIL 10, 2020
Mrs. Wagner misses her Ross Street family very much! I hope you are all well and ready to get your "sweat" on. What do I always say, "sweat is good". It helps get rid of toxins in your body. I have listed ten physical education lessons/assignment per week below. Some of the links below will lead you to additional links of a similar nature. Please feel free to explode (with adult supervisor to make sure those links are age appropriate). Please email Mrs. Wagner with any questions or concerns. Please remember it is very important to stay in good health. Physical activities, proper nutrituion and amble amount of rest are vital during this time.
Physical Education Assignments/Lessons Weeks of March 16th and March 23th, 2020
1. Yoga for Kids: 25 minute yoga lesson for children of all ages and their parents. https://youtu.be/YKmRB2Z3g2s
2. Cosmic Kids Yoga: Various vidoes containing yoga and mindfulness for kids. www.cosmickids.com
3. Shooting a basketball: 12 minutes video giving instructions and practices - how to shoot a basketball. https://youtu.be/D8NvqOH9KP8
4. How to dribble a basketball: Insturctions for dribbling and dribbling drills for kids. https://www.wikihow.com/Dribble-a-Basketball
5. How to dribble a soccer ball: Insturctions and drills for dribbling a soccer ball for kids. https://www.completesoccerguide.com/how-to-dribble-a-soccer-ball/ https://youtu.be/L8nLeD9WdVk
6. How to shoot a soccer ball: Instrutctions and drills for shooting a soccer ball for kids. https://youtu.be/ECospNT9yCM
9: Freeze Tag: Fun game for kids. https://youtu.be/Mlj8N5xgspQ
10: Baby Shark Dance Video: Everyones favorite song. https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w
Physical Education Assignments/Lessons -- Weeks of March 30th and April 6th, 2020
PLEASE SEND PICTURES OF YOURSELF PERFORMING PHY. ED. ACTIVITIES SO THAT I CAN POST THEM ON TWITTER. EVERYONE WILL LOVE TO SEE YOU KEEPING YOURSELF ACTIVE AND FIT! Please remember that you can do any lesson/activity at any time. These are great for when you need a break, what to do something fun, want to get your body moving.
1. Best indoor activities: Multiple activity ideas to do indoors. Fun for all ages and parents also. https://marathonkids.org/best-indoor-pe-games/
2. 18 Fun PE games without equipment: Fun games/pe activities that require no equipment. Fun for all ages and parents also. https://kidactivities.net/18-fun-pe-games-needing-no-equipment/
3. Young Games: Secret Dancer: Fun dance activity for all ages (including adults). https://youthgroupgames.com.au/games/secret-dancer/
4. Classic Outdoor Games: Fun games for the entire family (parents probably already know how to play these games). https://www.wired.com/2009/08/simpleoutdoorplay/
5. 75 Fun Indoor Games - Boredom Busters: Great indoor games to help fight boredom. Fun for the entire family. https://www.familyfuntwincities.com/indoor-games-for-kids/
6. Instant Games without Equipment: Great games/pe activities that don't require equipment. Fun for all ages. http://www.youthgroupgames.co.uk/instant-games-without-equipment.html
7. Kids Yoga AND Mindfulness: This assignment is part of this week spirit week (Wednesday). Stay relaxed and focus on something positive. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kids+yoga+and+mindfulness&view=detail&mid=63CFB4A7167B142EC63463CFB4A7167B142EC634&FORM=VIRE
8. Kidz Bop Dance Videos: Get moving with fun dance videos to follow. https://www.youtube.com/user/KidzBopKids/videos
9. Take a walk or ride your bike: This assignment is part of this week spirit week (Monday). Remember whenever you go out to make sure you are social distancing (staying 6 feet away from anyone else who does not live in your household). Whenever you are out please do NOT touch your face AT ALL. When you return home, please make sure the first thing you do is wash your hands for at least 20 seconds (sing the ABC song). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TIqEDxqCFxS_8tYj9JKTABCmaW-xIn_J/view https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VnUlcOAx3UXZbKvb5gBeBJVuwL96t9f5/view
10. Get outside and move: If it's unsafe to walk/ride a bike or if you are by yourself, just get outside and move (anyway you can or want). Go outside in your backyard. Go outside on your porch. Here are some ideas: Do our usual warm-up outside. Consists of: 20 jumping jacks, 20 toe touches, 10 arm circles forward, 10 arm circles backwards, 10 push ups or ABC push ups, 10 sit ups. Dribbling a basketball in place. 20 dribbles on the right hand, 20 dribbles on the left hand, and 20 cross-over dribbles using right and left hand, try dribbling between your legs. Jump rope: 10 jumps using both feet, 10 jumps using left foot, 10 jumps using right foot, 20 jumps using both left and right foot alternating feet each time.
11. Zoom Free Live Exercise Video: THURSDAY, APRIL 9TH, 2020 @ 2PM!!! Join a free live exercise video sponsored by the Woodbridge Recreation Center. All welcome to this free exercise video. Get your sweat on. It will be held this Thursday, April 9th @ 2pm via Zoom, Topic: Woodbridge Township IMA FIT LIVE, Meeting ID #561 235 890, Password: 012000. You will need a computer, ipad, iphone, etc. Go to Zoom website: https://zoom.us/ Go to upper right side of the screen and click on join a meeting. Enter the meeting ID number: 561 235 890 then hit join. Next enter meeting password: 012000 and then join meeting. This must be done at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 9th or later in order to join.