WEB AND BEYOND
Course Description: Students enrolled in this Business Course will become familiar with Google Apps for their educational use. Usinga Woodbridge Township School District assigned Google account, students will learn how to use Google Drive as a business application suite to create, edit, download/upload and store files and folders. These files include docs, spreadsheets, and slides. Students will also utilize Google Media apps such as Books and News for research. Using their Woodbridge Township School District assigned Google account, students will share documents in a secure environment, and communicate and collaborate with other students using Gmail.
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to understand how to Google Apps in the following areas:
- Use district-assigned google account to access Google Drive.
- Create, edit, manage, and share word processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Download Microsoft Office files into google Drive.
- File management.
- Communicate using Email using proper business etiquette.
- Create and use forms.
- Share and collaborate files with others.
- Enhance organization skills by creating and maintaining a calendar.
- Practice internet safety.
- Create an electronic portfolio as a website in Google Sites.
Grading: Grading scale is based on Woodbridge Township School District established grading policy. Marking period assignments are distributed as follows: major assignments (Tests & Longer Projects) 50% and minor assignments (Quizzes & Shorter Projects) 50%. Final Exam counts for 20% of final grade.