Course Expectations, Rules & Grading:
• Be on time EVERYDAY (Every two lates result in a write up).
• Be prepared for class. Bring a pencil, eraser, sharpener and sketchbook to every class.
• Respect one another, all materials and myself.
• Complete homework assignments on time. No late work will be accepted. If you are absent the day an assignment is due, the assignment will be completed and handed in on the day you return.
• When you arrive to class, place all of your belongings under the table and out of the way.
• If you finish an assignment early, you may work on your sketchbook assignments. There will be no working on homework from other classes.
• All Colonia High School rules apply in the art room. This includes no cell phones, iPods, tablets, etc. If I see one out, without permission for your project, it will be taken from you immediately.
• If you have a question, raise your hand. No calling out or yelling will be responded to.
• If I am working with a student individually, raise your hand and I will come to you next.
• Do not go through the cabinets. If you need a specific material, ask for it.
• If you miss a homework assignment that is required for a project, you will receive an alternate writing assignment.
• You will receive a class participation grade after each project. This will be a major assessment.
• If you follow the rules, work consistently every class, and are respectful you will not have any issues.
• Bring a pencil with an eraser and pencil sharpener to class everyday. Forgetting to bring a pencil to class will result in loss of participation.
• 1 Sketchbook – 8-1/2 x 11 - can be purchased at A.C. Moore in Linden, Staples, etc. (If there are any issues getting a sketchbook please come see me). Spiral bound works best.
• Sharpie Markers – 1 fine tip 1 extra fine tip *Recommended not required
• Major Assessments:
◦ Project Grades
◦ Class Participation Grades / Critiques
◦ Written Papers
• Minor Assessments
◦ Benchmark Grades:
▪ A (100) Met or exceeded project benchmark
▪ B (91) Minor adjustments or work is required to meet project benchmark
▪ C (82) Up to half a class period of additional time is needed to meet project benchmark
▪ D (73) A full additional class period is needed to meet project benchmark
▪ F (63) More than one additional class period is needed to meet project benchmark
▪ F (0) Student is behind and has not attempted to meet project benchmark
◦ Homework (signed forms etc.)
◦ Sketchbook Assignments
If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org