Quill & Scroll is an International Honor Society for students involved in high school media (Journalism, Yearbook & PTV). Quill and Scroll International Honorary Society for High School Journalists was organized April 10, 1926, at the University of Iowa by renowned pollster George H. Gallup and a group of high school advisers for the purpose of encouraging and recognizing individual student achievement in journalism and academics. The organization has a Board of Trustees composed of 11 high school and collegiate journalism educators, and media-related professionals.
Requirements for Quill and Scroll:
1. you must be at least a sophomore
2. you must have a B grade point average
3. you must have produced superior work in some phase of journalism or school media - writing, editing, broadcasting, video, web, etc.
4. you must be recommended by Mrs. Allen for Journalism, Mr. Cerchio for Yearbook, and Mr. Hutchinson for PTV
To be eligible to be nominated by Mrs. Allen for work in Journalism you must also meet the following requirements:
1. you must have taken two years of Journalism (J1 & J2) or have taken Journalism 1 and written for the club for a year or have written for the club for 3-4 years
2. you must have a minimum of 15 articles published in the school newspaper.
Induction into Quill and Scroll will take place in the spring. New members are charged a $25 one time member fee which entitles the new member to a pin, membership certificate, organization resources, and a 1 year subscription to Quill and Scroll Magazine. The membership is lifetime.
Ligting the Candle of Truth Taking the Pledge The CHS 2018 Inductees of Quill & Scroll