2D Spring 2020
Course Expectations & Rules:
- Be on time EVERYDAY (Every two lates result in a write up).
- Be prepared for class. Bring a pencil and sketchbook to every class.
- If you do not bring a pencil to class and you need to borrow one you will put your phone in the jar on my desk for the same amount of time you have my pencil.
- You will be respectful towards one another, all materials and myself.
- All assignments are to be completed on time. Any late work will result in a late grade.
- When you arrive to class place all of your belongings under the table and out of the way from being tripped over.
- If you do not finish an assignment during class you may take it home to work on it.
- There will be no working on homework from other classes.
- All Colonia High School rules apply in the art room.
- If you have a question raise your hand. No calling out or yelling will be responded to.
- Do not go through the cabinets. If you need a specific material ask for it.
- One student is allowed out to the bathroom at a time. When you leave to go to the bathroom you must put your cell phone in the jar on my desk.
- Cell phones must remain in pockets.
- Headphones are allowed ONE in at a time only when teacher allows. Not permitted during teacher instruction or demonstration.
- Chromebooks are ONLY to be used if you are directed or you are searching for a reference image for your project.
- Anything unrelated to this class being done on your Chromebook during class time will result in losing the privledge to use the device in class.
- Bring a pencil with an eraser to class EVERYDAY. If you prefer you may bring a box of pencils and I will keep them locked in my desk with your name on them. (Forgetting to bring a pencil to class will result in loss of participation)
- 1 Sketchbook – 8-1/2 x 11 - can be purchased at Michaels, A.C. Moore, Staples, etc. (If there are any issues getting a sketchbook please come see me). Spiral bound works best.
- Major Assessments:
- Project Grades
- Written/Research Assignments
- Minor Assessment Benchmark Grading System:
- A (100) Met or exceeded project benchmark
- B (91) Minor adjustments or work is required to meet project benchmark
- C (82) Up to half a class period of additional time is needed to meet project benchmark
- D (73) A full additional class period is needed to meet project benchmark
- F (63) More than one additional class period is needed to meet project benchmark
- F (0) Student is behind and has not attempted to meet project benchmark
If there are any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
(E-mail works best!)