Health 9:Topics of discussion include: Health & Wellness; Healthy Relationships; Personality & Self-esteem; STI's(sexually transmitted infections); Infectious Diseases; Preventing Violence/Bullying/Suicide; Drugs & Alcohol.Course Expectations:
We will be adding 2-5 minutes of mindful meditation a few times a week before the start of each lesson._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Conditioning/Fitness: The student will be able to:
- Every student starts with an A+.
- Excessive absences will result in loss of credit, and you must repeat the course. This class is a graduation requirement. If absent, please check with the teacher for any missed assignments.
- Tests count towards 50% of your grade; & homework, quizzes, and classwork count towards 50% of your grade.
- Notebooks are required for this class.
- Everyone is expected to participate & contribute in class activities & discussions every day.
- No cell phones are permitted while in class; unless the teacher tells the students to access it for a particular lesson.
- No food or drinks are permitted in class, except for water.
Learning Activities or Instructional Strategies:
- Develop personal fitness goals.
- Improve upon present physical fitness levels through various conditioning and mechanical techniques.
- Increase strength and flexibility of the muscle joint system.
- Increase strength of skeletal system.
- Provide a means to control body weight and decrease body fat.
- Develop a carry over desire for conditioning and/or a variety of lifetime activities.
- Uniform and equipment check
- Stretching and calisthenics
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Skill instructional, rule review, safety precautions
- Game play/activity will include, but not be limited to the following: (mass recreational games) kickball, handball, wiffleball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, fitness walking, weight-room, football, tennis, hockey, ultimate frisbee
- Fitness testing(pre/post)