Title: School Aide
Function: To serve the children of this district by performing non-professional duties required for the efficient operation of the school.
Reports to: Building principal
Duties, responsibilities, and authorities:
1. Assist in supervising the lunchroom under the direction of the principal, and/or other certified staff members.
2. Assist in supervising the playground/classroom during the lunch hour under the direction of the principal, and/or other certified staff members.
3. Assist with preparation of bulletin board/project materials
4. Distribute milk, hot lunch or breakfast
5. Distribute textbooks/supplies.
6. Sort mail.
7. Duplicate, coordinate and distribute notices and curriculum materials as directed by the principal.
B. Possible additional duties:
1. Deposit mail.
2. Coordinate inventories and receipts of books and supplies.
3. Collects/counts/deposits food services program monies.
4. Assist in libraries.
5. Escort students to and from bus/nurse.
6. Perform all other duties consistent with law, policy, regulation and contract as assigned by the building administrator.
C. Professional preparation:
1. High school diploma is required.
2. Other educational experience and background is desired.
1. Successful experience working with children is desired.
2. Success in effective human relations skills is required.
E. Personal qualifications:
1. Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities required of the position.
2. Must be mature and possess integrity.
3. Must exhibit good moral character.